Thursday, October 17, 2013

One one two...

This week Hope has been learning to count! She is suddenly fascinated by collecting things and then handing them over whilst counting one...one...two!  Bryan has been doing a great job repeating this game over and over, and I am very thankful for all our extended family who patiently participate in this back and forth game.  I think she really has got the concept now and can count to 2!  If I ask how many she has she will either say 1 or 2 appropriately, this is super exciting as I had decided that because she is using her left hand most of the time that she was probably more on the relative side of things...but then she wouldn't draw or paint or do anything remotely arty! This week along with the counting she has been feeding herself for the first time with her right hand!  Weird coincidence but interesting ....maybe she is more left-brained!  

I think we are truly blessed to have grandparents and great aunts and friends who have sat going "one ...and one...makes two!"for ages. Sometimes I feel guilty for not having the patience to play the game endlessly but then I remind myself that I do a lot of other things with and for Hope and Arthur and I just think I'm blessed to have the support in raising Hope, it's one of the reasons I called this blog sharing hope...so many people share her with us and participate in teaching her and loving her...God knew a thing or two when He made us family!

No comments:

Post a Comment